The Victorian Government, through Global Victoria invites export-ready Victorian companies to join the inaugural Vietnam x Victoria (V2): Virtual Trade Mission, marking the launch of the 23rd Victorian Government Trade and Investment office in Vietnam. This hybrid mission featuring virtual and in-person events will bring together key Vietnamese leaders in tech, food and beverage, and sustainability across government, industry and business with established Victorian exporters.
Global Victoria is engaging a leading market intelligence and business matching service provider, as well as an experienced media and conference organiser with local expertise to deliver the program. The mission will be supported by Australian and Vietnamese Governments, industry associations, business chambers and leading private and public sector organisations.
1. Why Vietnam?
With a large and youthful population of 95+ million people, Vietnam is rapidly transitioning to an industrial and market-based economy, and becoming an increasingly important trade and investment partner for Victoria. In early 2021, Global Victoria opened its 23rd trade and investment office in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC).
Vietnam has had uninterrupted economic growth since 1989, and experienced remarkable development over the last decade. Recently, Vietnam has been lauded for its handling of the pandemic and outperformed the region.
Vietnam is densely populated and has rapid urbanisation. HCMC and Hanoi are two of the most dynamic growing cities in the world, but challenges and growing pains exist.
Vietnam is shifting from a low value add manufacturing destination to an advanced manufacturing economy. The transformational potential of Industry 4.0 to modernise economic activity creates opportunity for smart city technologies, automation, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, and big data. Clean technologies in waste and water management, circular economy and urban design also play an important part in this transition.
Predicted to be the fastest growing economy to 2025 by PwC, Vietnam has a large population with a growing middle class and disposable income.
Consumer trends and tastes are evolving, creating opportunities for Victorian food and beverage exporters.
2. What’s Included?
- Pre-Mission briefings to learn about opportunities in Vietnam in the mission’s key sectors of focus.
- Launch events in Melbourne and HCMC, keynote speakers and expert panel sessions with local Vietnamese leaders, ministries and businesses.
- A summit event showcasing Victoria’s capabilities and Victorian delegates with live panel discussions and keynote addresses.
- Bespoke business matching program with meetings with Vietnamese Government, partners and/or customers tailored to each company’s needs.
- Promotion within the Victorian Government marketing materials and through its social media and other communication channels.
- Closing ceremony networking event with Vietnamese leaders in business, industry and government.
Post Mission: A post-mission evaluation form will be distributed to all businesses.
3. Types Of Business:
The multi-sector mission is seeking companies from the following key strategic industries to showcase Victoria’s strengths and capabilities:
|Technology:||Food and Beverage:||Sustainability and Smart Cities:|
Trade Mission Details
- 11 June: Pre-Mission briefings
- 15 June: Vietnam x Victoria (V2) launch and plenary in-person event
- 16 – 18 June: Virtual business matching program