Native apps are specifically developed for separate mobile platforms written with the platform SDKs, tools and languages provided by platform vendors, for example, Xcode / Objective-C for iOS, Eclipse / Java for Android, Visual Studio / C# for Windows Phone.
Read more: pros and cons of native app
People can get native apps through central distribution portals like the App Store for iOS apps and Google Play for Android apps.
For native apps:
- Necessary tools and skills: Objective-C, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.net.
- Faster graphics performance.
- Allow rich user interface and/or heavy graphics.
- Not easy to reuse the code on other platforms and the coding is complicated, time-consuming because one app has to be developed in multiple times to reach different distribution portals; expensive methodology; difficult ongoing maintenance; non-portable.
- Best used for game, consumer-focused applications with highly graphic interface.
If the users want fast performance, a long lifetime and trustworthy applications, then native applications are the best choice.
Native apps vs. Hybrid apps
Once-for-all or once-for-each development method for mobile developers? For hybrid apps:
- Easy for web developers; reusable code; lower cost; developed once to reach many different platforms; moderate ongoing maintenance; cloud service supported.
- Slower performance; limited access to OS and hardware APIs; not good for heavy graphic, limited high-end graphics and 3D support.
- Does not support all features of operating systems or devices.
- Best used for business-focused or consumer-focused apps with moderately graphic interface.
In today’s society, there are many tools for iPhone app development. Above are two ways to build mobile applications. It is best to take into consideration the segment of end users and the need before choosing which methods for your mobile apps.
For further enquiries related to app development, please do not hesitate to contact Savvycom at:
- Phone: +84 24 3202 9222
- Hotline: +84326752886
- Email: email@example.com
- Official Website: https://savvycomsoftware.com/
Head Office: 12th floor, Viet A Tower, Duy Tan Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
We would love to give you a free consultation and suggestions to achieve your goals.